Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May Ipsy Glam Bag- Fresh Picks




Wow, I can't believe May is almost over!  With June just around the corner, I realized I hadn't done a review on the May bag yet!   After seeing all the sneak peaks Ipsy shared the first and second week of May, I just knew I was going to like this bag!  And I was right... overall, I'm very happy with what I got.  Here are some of my opinions on each product.


Hang Ten 50-sunscreen- I wasn't familiar with this sunscreen before getting it in my ipsy bag, and after trying it out this weekend, I think it's just okay.  It's light weight, and doesn't feel 'greasy' like some SPF I've tried, so that's a plus, especially when wearing under makeup. I also love the fresh scent of this sunscreen, but I don't believe I will buy any in the future.   My reason is the price tag.  Most retailers are selling a 6 oz bottle for around $13-15.  In my opinion, it is way overpriced.  However, the size of the bottle I received from ipsy is very convenient and I decided it would be a good addition to my handbag.  


Nailtini Nail Polish- This is another product I've been introduced to by Ipsy.  I am so glad I got this nail polish in my bag.  It's absolutely fantastic!  The shade I received is called Champagne, and it's a pretty, soft and delicate color that I just love.  I have to be honest though, I was a little disappointed when I saw the price for this polish.  It's $13 per bottle!!  Normally, I would have a hard time justifying paying $13 for a small bottle of polish, but this Nailtini is really tempting me.  I did 2 coats over a week ago, with no chipping!  This polish also goes on really smooth and creamy.  My pet peeve with polishes are ones that are watery and go on streaky.  This polish is total opposite of that.  It's my new favorite polish!


Pacifica Duo Eye Shadow -Out of the 5 products I got this month, I will probably use this eye shadow the most.  It's a beautiful duo of a deep, dark plum and a shimmery ivory.  I've used it all this week, and love it!  The dark plum blends easily and there's not a lot of fallout with this shadow.  I will definitely be purchasing from Pacifica in the near future.  


Crown Pro Blending Fluff Brush- This is the first shadow brush I've gotten through Ipsy.  I actually started using eye shadow brushes recently, so I was happy to get this blending blush.  It's really great to blend the whole eye area.  This brush is made from natural goat hair, with a birch wood handle.  It seems like a well constructed brush for the price.  Check out their website here for brush sets and lots of other beauty goodies.


Pur~lisse Hydra-Balance Moisturizer- What a great moisturizer!  I have been using this all week, and love the scent.  This moisturizer is very light weight and absorbs really fast.  It also goes on like a gel, dries really fast and is great to wear under makeup.  The regular tube on their website goes for $55, but a little goes a long way if you are only using it on your face.  Great moisturizer!


I have used all the products, and the Hang Ten Sunscreen is the only product I wouldn't purchase in the future.  I'm already looking forward to what the June glambag will bring!  If you don't want to miss out on the next glambag, sign up here to join in on the fun!  


No comments:

Post a Comment