Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"Street Style" September Ipsy Glam Bag



Once again, Ipsy did not disappoint.  Between the awesome makeup bag and the eye shadow brush, the September bag has become on of my favorites from Ipsy.



This dual-ended brush offers the best of both worlds. The shadow brush is perfect for applying eye shadow or contouring the eye, while the crease brush is designed to be used dry for defining the eye, or wet for precision concealing. 
It's created with Crown’s Infinity Synthetic Fibers.  
I own 2 other brushes by Crown and they are my favorites.  I don't have to worry about the bristles losing their shape, and cleanup is super easy.  

Check out Crown Brushes HERE


As a licensed hairstylist, I've used Alterna products in the past.  In fact, the salon I used to work in, sold Alterna products.  They are a little pricey, but well worth it.  

Alterna's Caviar Cream is a leave-in hair perfector.  It offers 10 benefits in 1 easy step, leaving hair perfectly polished. This leave-in cream can be used alone or as a foundation for the layering of other styling products.

Check out all the Alterna products by visiting your nearest hair salon or clicking HERE.

I adore this little single eye shadow from NYX.  After finding out my local Walgreens and CVS are now selling NYX cosmetics, I became very excited.  Yes, when you live 3+ hours from the nearest Ulta or Sephora, this is big news!!
I received the shade 'Dressed to Kill'.  It's a deep plum and is easy to blend and build into a deep shade.  

If you want to check out all the NYX Cosmetics line, check out their website HERE.


Next is this nude tinted lip gloss by Cailyn Cosmetics.  I'm still on the fence about this lip gloss.  Ipsy sent me the shade 'Basic Instinct'.  While I really like the color, I'm still trying to decide if I like the formula.  I feel like it's somewhat sticky when first applying, but that seems to fade after wearing it a while.  It goes on like a shiny lacquer and I'm used to wearing more muted, matte shades.  Maybe that's why I can't decide if I like it.

Check out all the available Cailyn Lip Gloss shades by clicking HERE.


I also received this deluxe sample of the Pacifica eyeliner in the shade 'Gun Metal'.  Usually I'm strictly a black eyeliner gal.  I always shy away from colors, and if I'm feeling bold, I might use a brown, shade around my lashes with eye shadow.  So, I was scared at first to try this gray, but once I tried it, I really like it!  That's what I love about Ipsy.  It pushes me to step out of my comfort zone and try things I normally wouldn't purchase for myself.

Pacifica has some great products, plus they're 100%  vegan and cruelty free!  Check them out HERE.

Sign up to receive your own glam bag each month by clicking HERE.  After signing up, you will complete your style profile. This helps Ipsy decide which products they believe you will most like.  At $10 (including shipping) it's well worth it.  This months bag is worth $50.  The lip gloss alone sells for $19.  

Comment below with your favorite product from Ipsy's September bag. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment