Friday, January 31, 2014

Water-marbling Nail Art



As you may know, I worked full-time as a hairstylist for several years.   I loved the creative outlet and meeting new, interesting people.  

Although I am no longer able to make a living at being a hairdresser, I still have the same 
love and passion for it.  I love experimenting with new hair colors and cuts. 

I have recently became a nail polish junkie!  I watch lots of YouTube videos on the latest techniques and designs. I am sure most of you have heard of the new water-marbling 
technique.  This was all over Pinterest and Youtube over the past year.  My co-worker and I decided to give it a try one night.  And believe me, It's much harder than it appears!  

About hours later, here are the results I finally achieved.






I used 3 different shades of OPI Nail Laquer to achieve this look.  I can't remember the exact colors, but I used an extremely dark purplish-black, a purplish-pink, and a light 
lavender. 

There are several tutorials on how to do this, but if you want more info on how I achieved 
the look, let me know, and I will provide step-by-step instruction.  I was surprised on how well this wore.  After applying two coats of an OPI top coat, I wore this without any chipping for almost 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment