Sunday, December 27, 2015

Antique Wooden Jewelry Boxes: A Perfect Gift Idea!



I'm in love with this antique wooden box set by Valdler. There's so many ways to use these boxes and they have a great antique vibe; not like some of those "wanna-be" antique items that look fake from a mile away.  These boxes actually look and feel like something passed down through the family. They're well-made and have beautiful brass-like finishes.  




The set comes with 2 boxes and the smaller box nestles perfectly inside the larger one.  There's very pretty hardware on each box  and they open easily with decorative clasps. The boxes have a flowered embossed design that wraps around the bottom up throughout the lids.  The embossed sections have a dark, almost black background with the rest of the box covered in a rich cherry-like glaze.    



They appeared handmade with tiny hidden nails throughout the box.  I like this detail because it shows it's not just been glued together.  As the seller pointed out, there was a faint paint scent when I first opened the packaging, however, that went away after it was aired out for a while. 





Bottom line?  This vintage box set is the perfect way to store jewelry.  Or, they're great to use as an ornament on a dressing or even a coffee table.  Right now, I have mine displayed in my makeup / dressing room.  I keep a few of my rings and earrings in the smaller box and bracelets and bangles in the larger box.  This set is a great way to add a vintage flair to your decor without spending a small fortune. Plus, they make for a wonderful gift!  

Purchase your own set through Amazon by clicking HERE



Reference ID f1f9a0e0c8e1
Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above in exchange for review from Giveaway Service website. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment