Thursday, August 21, 2014

Liebster Blog Awards

If this is your first time hearing about the Liebster Blog Award, don't feel bad. I first learned about it yesterday! I have to say thanks to fellow blogger, Heather Conway and her blog Life, Love, and Cosmetics for nominating me. Make sure to visit her lovely blog, and don't forget to check out her Liebster Blog Award post, too!

Keep reading to learn what this award is all about and find out if I nominated you for your own Liebster award!



The Liebster Blog Award highlights and introduces new bloggers who have a following of less than 200. It helps new bloggers connect and network with other new bloggers. Since Heather nominated me, I must complete the following...



Rules of the Liebster Award

  • Include your answers to the questions you were asked by the blogger who nominated you.
  • Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
  • Choose 5-10 blogs (with less than 200 followers) and include their blog link in your post.
  • Go to their page and let them know!
  • No tag backs

Now, I get to share some personal information with you and answer Heather's questions from her blog post.

1. How long have you had your blog?  Six months. My first blog post was published on Jan. 31, 2014.

2. How many siblings do you have? I have one beautiful sister, Lacey.  She is married and has 2 children. (Yes, I'm an extremely proud aunt.)

3. What is your favorite topic to blog about? My favorite topic is beauty products. I love the process of testing out a product and sharing it with my readers. :)

4. Besides blogging, what do you do in your spare time? If I'm not working as a 911 dispatcher, you can usually find me spending time with my family. I love to play piano, draw and play around with nail art.

5. What made you want to start a blog in the first place? 
I originally started my blog as a way to share nail art tips and connect with other nail polish lovers. It's slowly became more about beauty product reviews.

6. Iced or hot coffee? Hot, but I rarely drink coffee.

7. What is the craziest thing you've ever done? Cave exploring in Belize.

8. Favorite quote/saying? "Let your past make you better, not bitter."

9. Favorite song? This is impossible for me to answer because I have several favorite songs. Wonderful Tonight -Eric Clapton and Downtown Money Waster -The Black Crowes are a couple that I love. :)

10. Any Children? Just 2 mini schnauzers, Sonny and Bella. 

11. One tip for fellow new bloggers? Don't be afraid to ask other bloggers for help. We all get stuck sometimes, don't let it consume you. Close the laptop for a couple days and don't get sucked into the blogging bubble... it's suppose to be fun!


The following are my Liebster Award Nominees...

lindasue1979 

Wild Redhead Homestead 

Steph's Cheers and Jeers

Dirt, Frogs, and Makeup

Thrifty Mom: Saving for Family 

Erin Xtyne 

Crazy Bloggin' Mom 

Now for the fun part!  To my 7 nominees; here are your questions. :)

1. What is something you learned in the last week?

2. Besides blogging, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

3. Favorite genre of music?

4. Do you have any siblings? 

5. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?

6. What is your favorite quote/saying?

7. What is the last movie you watched? Did you like it?

8. Do you have any children?  

9. What was your favorite food as a child? 

10. Any secret or hidden talents?

11. What is your advice/tip for new bloggers? 

To my nominees... answer these questions on your blog, nominate 5-10 bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer.

I hope you've enjoyed this post as much as I've had putting it together.  I love connecting with fellow comments, so follow my blog or leave me a comment.
Most importantly, please support my nominees by following their blogs and look for their Liebster Blogger Awards to see who they nominate. :)



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your tip! I will make sure I keep that in my head for when I start getting frustrated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I hope one day I will be in your spot!

    ReplyDelete