Saturday, July 5, 2014

Happy Independence Day!


Happy 4th of July, everyone!  I decided to do some quick nail art to celebrate.   For a simple guide on how I achieved this look, read further!






  • Sally Hanson Xtreme -White On (white accent nail and dots over the blue)
  • Revlon Gel Envy -Wild Card (blue accent nail)
  • Revlon Top Coat -Graffiti (red glitter over white)
  • Sinful Colors -Embers Only (red)
  • Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy (topcoat)
To start, I did 2 coats of the Sinful Colors in Embers Only on my thumb, pointer and pinkie nails.  Next, I used 1 coat of the Revlon Gel in Wild Card for my ring finger nail.  For my middle finger nail, I used one coat of the Sally Hanson Xtreme in White on.

After all of the base coats dried, I used a small dotting tool from Cult Cosmetics for the white dots on my ring finger nail.  The Sally Hanson White is great for this due to it's thick consistency.
Next, I added a coat of the Revlon Top Coat in Graffiti over the white polish on my ring finger nail. 

After about 10 minutes of drying time, I sealed all the nails with the Revlon Gel Envy top coat. I really like this top coat.  It has a great glossy finish.

This was easy and quick.  I love the Sinful Color nail polish.  I got this particular red polish (embers only) at Rite Aid for $1.99!  It has a great coverage and you can't beat the 2 dollar price tag.  

Wishing everyone a safe and happy 4th of July!

4 comments:

  1. Nail art is usually a no-no for me because I have a tremor, but this one might be possible! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany, thanks! This one really was super easy. Get you a little set of dotting tools. They are so easy to use, and make doing polka dots a breeze!! You gotta post some pictures once you do your nail art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so cool and looks easy to do...something I may have to try out in the future with my million of nailpolish bottles i get from couponing lol

    ReplyDelete